Planning, Policy & Research
Function of the Department of Plannind, Policy and Research (DPPR) is coordinate formulation and implementation of policies, regulatory frameworks, Strategies and Development Programmes as well as sectoral research of the Ministry. The Department is also responsible for bilateral and multilateral coordination between the Ministry and other organization at national, regional and international levels. The Department is also responsible for revenue collection.
Planning, Development and Coordination Division
The activities of the Section are:-
- Prepare external financing requirement for the agricultural sector for input into the Budget Guidelines process;
- To undertake internal as well as external monitoring and evaluation of the Ministry's activities, targets and performance;
- Provide guidance and leadership in all matters related to development assistance coordination and aid effectiveness in the sector;
- In liaison with the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs follow-up implementation of the commitments on best practices in development cooperation under the Monterrey Consensus on Financing for Development (2000), Paris Declaration on Aid effectiveness (2005) within the agricultural sector;
- In liaison with the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs, oversee implementation of the Tanzania Assistance Strategy (TAS) and the Joint Assistance Strategy (JAST).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly analytical reports on aid inflows and expenditures in the sector.
- To provide overall coordination of sector strategy and program implementation
- To prepare Ministerial contributions to the Budget Speech and Annual Economic Report
- To institutionalize strategic planning and Budget skills in the Ministry
- To ensure that Agriculture, Food and Security plans and budgeting are integrated into the government budgeting process
- To provide a basis for making informed decisions on the future direction of the Ministry
- To encourage and facilitate the provision of services by the Private Sector in the Ministry
- Coordinate compilation of Progress Reports and Actions Plans
- To collect and analyze information on Agriculture, Food and Security sectors to make informed decisions
Policy Development Division
The Section will perform the following activities:-
- Coordinate, review and update agriculture sector policies
- Participate in review of other sector policy papers prepared by relevant ministries
- Advice the Ministry on International policies relevant to the sector
- Analyze divisional plans and programmes, guidelines and proposals to ensure consistency with national policies and guidelines.
- Follow-up implementation of sector policies
- Coordinate preparation and review of cabinet papers of the sector and provide comments on cabinet papers from other ministries.
- Coordinate preparation of budget speech
- Coordinate harmonization of the MDGs, Vision 2025, MKUZA, SP and MTEF and translate them into workable sector plans and interventions
Monitoring and Evaluation Division
The activities of the Section are:-
- Monitor overall Sector Performance
- Monitor implementation of the Ministry's Annual Plan and Medium Term Strategic Plan
- Prepare periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly, mid-year,
and annual) performance reports for the Ministry
- Provide technical support including institutionalization of M&E process within the Ministry
- Participate in preparing plans, programmes and budgetary activities of the Ministry including establishment of performance targets and indicators
- Coordinate mid-year and annual performance reviews of the Ministry
- Monitoring performance of Executive Agencies under the Ministry
- Assess impact of various government policy decisions in the sector
- Coordinate performance management system (M&E system)
Research and Technology Division
- Participate in the process of activity analysis and feasibility studies;
- Coordinate the formulation and implementation of Sector strategies and programs;
- Coordinate formulation and preparation of ministry annual and medium term strategic plan;
- Advise technical departments on better use of resources and value for money;
- Undertake research and impact studies of plans, projects and programmes undertaken by the Ministry;
- Undertake service delivery surveys to collect stakeholders/ clients views on services rendered by the Ministry;
- Provide technical expertise on Strategic Plan, Action Plan and other Service.